April 16th, 2021
My solo half marathon is this Sunday 18th April 2021.
I will be starting at St Georges School at 1pm, you may wish to watch the starting point or in any of the following areas I am running. I have raised over £500 so far smashing the target.
Donations are still gratefully appreciated.
My solo half marathon run is to raise money for St. George’s School and the Isle of Wight NHS Mental Health team. The money is to help those with mental health that have been affected due to the current pandemic we are going through.
• Start at St George’s School at 1pm
• Right onto Watergate Road.
• Right onto Shide Road
• Left onto Medina Avenue
• Right onto St. George’s Approach
• Left at roundabout onto St. George’s Way
• Cross at light and go into Furrlongs
• Follow Furrlongs right to the end where it joins with Staplers.
• Right into Staplers and cross to other side of the road
• Carry on up Staplers at the roundabout towards Wooton
• Continue past Monkey Haven and Butterfly World where it turns into Whiterails Road
• At next roundabout keep going forward into Station Road
• Turn left onto Gravel Pit Road
• Cross Lushington Hill onto Palmers Road
• Turn left onto Brocks Copse Road
• At funny crossroads go left into Alverstone Road
• Cross Whippingham Road
• Left and then quickly right onto Folly Lane
• Follow twists and turns until you get to the river
• Take footpath along river until marina then join cycletrack and continue until Quay Arts
• Turn right onto Sea Street
• Turn left onto Holyrood Street and next right onto Crocker Street
• Turn right into St.James’ Street, continue ahead onto Hunnyhill and into Parkhurst Road
• Near roundabout go left onto Forest Road
• Turn left onto Gunville Road and head into Priory Road and continue to roundabout in Carisbrooke
• Turn left onto Carisbrooke High Street and the at roundabout go right onto Cedar Hill
• At roundabout go left onto Whitepit Lane
• Run to roundabout at Watergate Road
• Turn right into Watergate Road and finish at St. George’s.