May 28th, 2021
NEW: Kooth Online Counselling Service for 11 – 25 years (up to 26th birthday) in Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight.
We are delighted to inform you that NHS Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight has commissioned the online counselling service Kooth, a service delivered by Kooth Plc.
Kooth is an integral component of our local mental health provision offering digital counselling and emotional well-being service for young people from 24th May 2021.
Kooth is a free online counselling and emotional well-being support service providing young people aged 11-25 years (up to 26th birthday) in Hampshire with a safe and secure means of accessing support with their emotional health and wellbeing needs from a professional team of qualified counsellors. By accessing Kooth young people can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral is required. Young people can register for kooth independently at www.kooth.com
To use the service or find out more visit www.Kooth.com