November 5th, 2021
I really hope you had a good half term break and that your relatives are safe and well.
Work didn’t stop in school, in fact we were very busy with site work and development at The View.
- The school has now been changed from water tanks to mains water supply. This has improved water pressure significantly.
- We had some ‘sleepers’ delivered to school and will be constructing more raised beds to enhance accessible gardening.
- Aircon was put into the Sunflower mobiles to improve heating and cooling.
- New flooring was fitted in Sunflower One to improve hygiene and cleaning.
- We have had a new hygiene room installed in Sensory class to improve access and reduce time lost travelling to other areas of the school.
Work at The View is on-going and now focusing on getting the main building ready. The 3 classes who are in the mobile classrooms have settled in well and students are reporting they really enjoy the separate provision. I carried out a site visit yesterday and it is a hive of activity. The unfortunate headline though is that we are going to be delayed in getting the handover until the beginning of February. The reason for this is not down to the companies who are doing the work but the ability to get the building materials. You will have seen on the news that many industries have been affected by the pandemic and all sorts of material production services have been significantly impacted. In our case it is the new roof we are waiting for, which in turn affects work inside the building as we cannot risk it getting damp and wet under a temporary roof. I will keep you informed as I meet every two weeks with the Local Authority and the builders etc.
Finally I just wanted to say a big thank you to Richard Martin who is our Health and Safety Officer. In his own time, Richard made and donated a new basketball board and net for 6th Formers up at The View. Students are very grateful and enjoying it already.
Have a good weekend.
Sue Holman, Headteacher